Getting used to it

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Getting used to it

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    november13
    Participant

Hi, my name is Naomi. I’m 26. I’m new here and to herpes. I was diagnosed on November 13 with gHSV1. The diagnosis was devastating. I cried everyday for two weeks. I contracted it from oral sex with a guy I had started seeing. I told him about my diagnosis, and he tried to console me, but I pushed him away; I didn’t answer his last text, and he hasn’t messaged since then. I don’t really want to see him ever again. I don’t blame him for it. I just don’t want to face him. I’m ashamed to say that I didn’t really like him that much in the first place. So, I wish it never happened, but wishing is pointless now.

I’m starting to get better at dealing with it, I think. I’ve stopped obsessing over whether or not anyone will ever love me again. There’s no reason to worry about it before I even meet someone. (That’s what my mom said. She’s been great support. She thinks it’s no big deal and thinks she might even have it.) I tell myself that if love can happen for others then it can happen for me, and I do believe it (at least most of the time). Instead of sulking, I’m reconnecting with family, goals, and myself. I’m reading your book and I’m listening to an audiobook on self-compassion and I’m trying to find kindness and peace in and around me. It’s not always easy, but it’s doing the job. This is a challenge I have to make the best of.

I can tell that in some ways I’m avoiding dealing with it still though. I bought a journal, but I’m afraid to write in it. And I haven’t been able to bring myself to do the exercises in your book or to talk about it with more than 2 people. And I might be avoiding love. But it takes time, right?

Thank you for your book. You have no idea how much it is helping. Wishing everyone reading this all the best and lots of love!

Dr. Kelly
    Keymaster

I’m so proud of you for the progress you are making. It can take years for women to be in the positive headspace you are in right now.

Know that tears will come, but that they will not define your life. Self compassion and love are the greatest gifts you could ever give yourself. Take each day as it comes and look for the beauty that surrounds you.

You are a strong woman and are on the path of healing. You are exactly where you need to be. Embrace all of your feelings and allow them to flow. There is no right path, there is only your path, which is Divine and Perfect.

The women of Pink Tent would love to continue to hear from you as you move forward on your healing journey.

Live. Love. Thrive.
    Dr. Kelly

november13
    Participant

Thank you so much for your response. It means a lot to me. I will continue to update you and the Pink Tent as I progress.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.