Genital HSV-1 certain I have it. freaking out

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Genital HSV-1 certain I have it. freaking out

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    anon9681
    Participant

Hi,

This morning my BF went down on me. Later this afternoon I pulled his lip up (I was just playing) and noticed his whole upper lip on the left side in the inside was covered with fever blisters (there was the biggest cluster I have ever seen). It was not visible on the outside at all and he said he couldn’t feel them at all and that he has never had an outbreak inside his mouth (it’s usually always visible and on his bottom lip so when he feels a tingle and we see an outbreak we never engage in oral for at least 10 days after the outbreak has cleared).

I have always made all my partners test for STI’s – even do the blood test for HSV-2 and been overly cautious when anyone has had a cold sore outbreak. I am absolutely devastated about this morning as I’ve always been so careful and always made sure to take care of myself from STI’s (or so I thought). I’m freaking out and have so many breakdowns as I’m certain I now have genital herpes from this. With that many cold sores touching me, there is no way I have not contracted it.

I’m crying non stop and don’t know what to do. I feel dirty and disgusting. I feel as if nobody (if this relationship doesn’t work out) will accept me and will think I’m dirty. I thought I did everything to keep myself safe and this happened.

Any advice/support will be appreciated to get through this.

lovelost
    Participant

Hi,

I’m so sorry you’re feeling this way. I know the feeling far too well and it sucks. Please try not freak out until you have confirmation from your doctor. I know it’s easier said than done but stress will only make you sick. If you develop symptoms make an appointment right away so they can swab the area and provide a more accurate result. I know it’s hard not to think about everything that can go wrong, but for now my advice would be to take it one day at a time. Sending you hugs

-Gab

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.