First time disclosing

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum First time disclosing

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jade
    Participant

I was diagnosed with hsv2 4 years ago. My ex of 6 years was cheating, I have been avoiding dating because of my fear to disclose. I got close to a guy, hoping it was completely platonic and he confessed his feelings along with saying he wants to be more than friends, all through text. I disclosed on my hsv2 and I’m sick to my stomach. I’m scared of the rejection, I’m scared of him no longer being in my life. Will this feeling ever go away? I’m in the darkest mentality I have ever been, I don’t want to do this anymore. I understand we all are/have gone through the same thing and it brings comfort knowing I’m not alone and people have positive outcomes regarding this. But right now I don’t see a light at the end of this dark tunnel. I need a support system, I’m too scared to confide in those I know.

• This topic was modified 2 months ago by Jade.
    Phyllis
    Participant

I am right there with you! Havent been able to date since I was diagnosed last year.

Hoping this goes well for you! We all know hsv is very very common. I have told a couple of my girlfriends & one confided she was a carrier & had passed it on to someone else (but asymptomatic) & the other friend had had symptoms, but wasnt tested.

I think given how common it is, it shouldn’t be such a huge stigma! Will be thinking about you & hope it works out for you!💝💝

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.