First outbreak: questions

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum First outbreak: questions

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Thais
    Participant

Hi Ladies,
    So I got diagnosed with herpes two days ago… I contracted it from my ex boyfriend, who was asymptomatic so he did not know he had it. I’m still in quite a shock but before I can deal with all the emotional issues that come with this disease I have some questions about the first outbreak, and I would really appreciate if you could help me 🙂
    1. My outbreak is bad. Like really bad. I have blisters all over and my vulva is completely swollen and irritated… is it normal to have this many? I can’t sit and I can barely walk so this is really worrying me…
    2. I know this may be a dumb question… but will my vagina go back to looking the same as before? I just can’t recognize it anymore
    3. How long, in your experience, until I can walk and sit normally again? I need to go to work again soon..
    4. Does it get better?
    Thank you for your help and let’s stay strong!

Sammy Jo
    Participant

Hi there,
    So I was just diagnosed on Tuesday last week and let me tell you, you will get better!
    I was in the same situation, I couldn’t lay in bed or sit- let alone walk! I was walking like a penguin because I didn’t want anything to touch. My butt was sore for days because I had to sit a different way so my vulva wouldn’t touch.
    I was swollen for days- I didn’t recognize anything.
    I went to the Doctors got meds and within 3-4 days I was feeling so much better. That first pee that didn’t sting made me feel like a million bucks! It’s hard but you will get through it!

Andy
    Participant

Hi Thais, so sorry to hear you’re going through the horrible first outbreak! I can definitely relate that it was hell.
    1. Yes I believe that is normal. It hurt for me to stand, sit and walk too. If possible, try to rest in bed.
    2. No it’s not a dumb question lol, I was so worried mine wouldn’t go back to normal because that’s how different it looked! 🙁 but it’s amazing how the body can recover! Don’t worry it will go back to normal!
    3. I’d say it will take a week to 2 weeks for it to feel okay.
    4. From my experience, the first outbreak was the most painful time of my life. Today, I don’t really have outbreaks because I take suppressive therapy. So yes, it can get better. Be strong ❤️

Kenya
    Participant

Mine seems like its getting worse as i have more blisters now than when i started taking the meds and its so painful i wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy. Its been 3 days and i see no relief in sight. Hopefully soon tho.

marirey10918
    Participant

When did things get better for you? I’m on day 4 and this is the worst thing I’ve ever experienced. I scream and cry when I use the bathroom and I feel like no healing is happening for me.

marirey10918
    Participant

When did it get better?

sshhoirtt1017
    Participant

Drink soooo much water ladies…it helps dilute your urine and it doesn’t sting as bad. when i had my first outbreak and had all the symptoms you mentioned…i didn’t drink much water because i didn’t want to pee anymore than i had to. But your urine is so concentrated when you do that. So drink lots, so you pee mostly water!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.