First Outbreak

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum First Outbreak

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    PurpleLotus
    Participant

Hello I was recently diagnosed and am having my first outbreak and am trying to grasp everything. I was a victim of rape and everything that could have possibly gone wrong did. When I got tested initially they didn’t include hsv testing so I will never know if I contracted it from that horrible experience or if I contracted it from my now ex. I have not been able to sleep and have just been crying over feeling like my life is over

brokenbeauty748
    Participant

I’m so sorry that this is all tangled up in other horrible things, I couldnt imagine having that reminder with outbreaks not knowing if that’s where it came from. I can say the fact that you are sharing your story shows how much strength you have. I know the feeling of your life being over with this diagnosis all too well. The stigma of it is so bad that its something completely different than I had ever imagined.

I keep trying to remind myself that it’s not what I used to think it is. My bf keeps telling me “it’s a skin disorder, nothing more, it’s like psoriasis” while I know this sounds ridiculous (hes trying) the fact that he is saying these things to me to make me feel better when he doesnt have it and could easily walk away I think shows that we are viewing it in a much darker light than we should be.

I know it’s more than psoriasis but we have to realize it’s not as bad as we think.

PurpleLotus
    Participant

I would like to think that it’s gonna be okay and I am still in disbelief. I am hurt and have no idea how to navigate through life with this

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.