Feeling lost.

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Feeling lost.

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    June
    Participant

I was diagnosed this week with HSV-2 and of course I feel shame, embarrassment and lost. It all started with an itch and then a sore on my my vagina, who knew it would be herpes…

I’m on day 4 of my anti-viral medication and I’m just wondering if any of you have had similar symptoms?? I’m still cringing when I pee due to the sores. My lower back has hurt for days, I have tingling in my legs and just feel weak in my body. I’m also very itchy down there with the feeling of a UTI coming on. Please tell me this is normal and if I have to finish the course of my 7 day antibiotic to feel human again.

I honestly can’t believe this is happening to me, I feel so alone in this.

Thank you to anyone who responds!

• This topic was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by June.
    • This topic was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by June.
    celavi9699
    Participant

it is so normal for you to feel like this. I have gone through the same process 4 months ago and I’m sure many other have as well. The pain stops, believe me. If you ever do get another outbreak, they won’t be painful or irritating. The first time is a struggle for everyone because of the variety of symtpoms.
    when it comes to the shame and the negative feelings, you shouldn’t feel shame at all. I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact and accept it since its all very new for me as well, however I do know that time will bring acceptance.
    I hope you feel well soon <3

June
    Participant

Thank you for your quick response. I appreciate your help. It’s very hard to know what’s normal and what’s not with your first outbreak. I’m tired of all the tingling feelings I have in my legs, they almost hurt to to the touch. I want to crawl out of my own skin. (That’s normal, right??Has that happened to you?) This whole thing is crazy and I can’t seem to wrap my mind around it.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by June.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by June.
    celavi9699
    Participant

Tbh I don’t even remember the pain anymore, it seems very far away 🙂
    but yes, I’m not a doctor, but as far as my experience I’m guessing it is normal. I had the tingles and the muscle aches as well. Also my lower back hurt a lot. I remember not being able to get out of bed and sleeping all day, feeling irritation all over my body. This is a one time thing and the outbreaks (if you do get them) will definitely not be like that.
    I only notice irritation in the prodomal stage (the stage right before a lesion appears) and experience mild itching during OBs- that’s all.
    You’ll be fine, just hang on for a couple more days.
    I hope this helps 🙂

June
    Participant

Thank you! Sending good vibes your way!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.