Feeling isolated 5 hrs after diagnosis

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Feeling isolated 5 hrs after diagnosis

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    spiritbird444
    Participant

I just had an outbreak, the 3rd one I’ve had since I was diagnosed in 2017. I have genital HSV1. I got it from an ex who had a coldsore. Since my diagnosis I have slowly and completely changed my entire life. I went from being a sociable outgoing person with a ton of friends to being an introvert who never goes out and has very few close connections. I realised today that I’ve isolated myself over the past five years, subconsciously telling myself I can never get my life back, that I can’t travel, that I’ll never find a relationship. It’s manifested in me just staying in and watching tv all the time and overeating. I realised when I had my outbreak this week that I’m in a much better place about it now than I was in 2017 and the following years. I had a lot of shame. I don’t have the same shame but I still haven’t really told anyone I know. I feel like I won’t be accepted. I’d love to have people to talk to and be myself so I hope I can make some connections in here.

spiritbird444
    Participant

I can’t figure out how to edit this post but it’s meant to read Feeling isolated 5 years not hours after diagnosis !

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.