False testing

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum False testing

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    lopeslisa1738
    Participant

I’m new here , I recently had a blood test that I have not seen . Went in to urgent care for a test they told me I had anti bodies for both types . They did not give me any information about anything . And I’m really convinced and hoping this is not true . Iam truly depressed and in need of support .

Manda
    Participant

The only way to get a sure test done is through University of Washington through the herpes western blot test. I was asymptomatic, only been with two people my whole life and I turned out positive so I got my doctor to allow me to get the Western Blot done. Unfortunately the test is out of pocket because insurance doesn’t cover it but its the gold standard for herpes testing. Good luck dear no matter what everything will be ok no matter the outcome

Jay
    Participant

HI!! I would say got to your GYN, its always okay to ask for a second opinion. dont be discouraged

lopeslisa1738
    Participant

I was told blood test are the most accurate. I never heard of someone being positive for both types is that possible ? And what is a blot test . Sorry for all the questions this is all new to me

sd8643146
    Participant

I would definitely get a confirmatory test. I got a positive igg test for HSV2 from my PCP and took a confirmatory test with my gyno a week later that came back negative. I’m waiting to get another confirmation, but I would definitely recommend getting tested again.

lopeslisa1738
    Participant

I would love to chat further with you throughout your journey and mine . When you got your second test done was it done by blood or a swab

lopeslisa1738
    Participant

I would love to chat further with you through your journey and mine . Was your second test done by blood too or swab

Manda
    Participant

Yes you can be positive for both. Western blot herpes test is the best way to make sure u have herpes. The other common tests have a lot of false positives because the test is out of date. I got the western blot done so I could know for sure because all my signs pointed to negative but unfortunately it came out positive. Just do a Google search for western blot. Since my initial test ive done tons and tons of research.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.