False Positive? How Likely? Any stories/ Index values

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum False Positive? How Likely? Any stories/ Index values

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    jennifer_62507
    Participant

I was diagnosed with the hsv 2 virus back in late March. I haven’t been sexual active since August if last year. I was made a terrible decision to have unprotected sex with a guy I was talking to and found out he gave me trichomoniasis. Which is a very curable std. it’s basically a parasite that you can get from having sex. It’s like the sister to chlamydia. Anyway I stopped seeing that guy after I learned that information. My high school sweetheart reconnected with me and we’ve been dating since October. But he is deployed and we haven’t had sex yet due to him being deployed. I went in late February to get an iud cause I didn’t want to risk getting pregnant when he gets back home. About two weeks later I noticed a strong smell that wasn’t usual. I was also leaving for vacation within the next few days and just thought it was my body adjusting to the iud. The day I left to go fly out for vacation I noticed a random bump on my right upper vulva. It was just one bump. Didn’t hurt. Didn’t hurt to pee, it was just annoying of its placement cause my pants/shorts would rub on it but it wasn’t painful or hurtful. And it was also just one bump. I came home two weeks later and decided to go get it checked out. Because right before I got my iud my doctor told me my pap came back abnormal and I was tested positive for hpv. She informed me that it’s very common to get hpv if you ever get a std and that it usually goes away within two years. What I read about hpv I assumed it was a reaction from my iud. Cause it took three times to get my iud to go in because we learned my cervix is tilted and we need to get a ultra sound to put it in. Well when I came home from vacation my doctor was out on maternity leave. So I went to the clinic so I could be seen the same day thing. The doctor that came in looked at it and went “oh that’s herpes” and I said i haven’t been sexually active in months. And it’s one bump and it doesn’t hurt it’s just annoying. She sounded happy about finding it. Which confused me. She did a culture swap. Which ive learned from what I’ve read they have a pretty high false/positive if you wait to get tested and since I was on vacation I did wait. She gave me the medicine which made the bump go down in about a week or so. But about a week later I developed a rash on the other side of my vulva. No bump just a random mild red rash. So I asked to get my iud taking out. Cause I still think it was a side effect to my iud. Cause I had one years ago and had issues with it and had it taken out. But I was assured I wasn’t going to have any issue with the new ones with how they are made. Since taking it out I haven’t had a bump/rashes etc. just that overwhelming feeling in my head that I have something and I’m going to have a random bump or rash appear which I know doesn’t help. I’ve of course gone into the wonderful google dive and learned it could be this or that etc. simple infections and so on. I’m wondering if anyone has had any similar symptoms like I’ve had. Cause from what I’ve read herpes appears in a few bumps, and I had one and it’s suppose to be uncomfortable and hurt and mine didn’t. And then I had a rash. And having a boyfriend being deployed adds to stress. Then the lovely virus going on shutting everything down has added to stress. I’m a bartender and haven’t been able to work in almost 3 months. So my stress level is a lot higher than normal. Any info can help cause I’m going a bit crazy with the google dives.

awkwardbutsweetsha
    Participant

Can anyone post the link to access this western blot test and how to get it, because when I search it up all I’m finding is western blot test for HIV? I think I could possibly be a false positive too, never had an outbreak and none of my partners have it. I did get tested three times, but the first time my levels were low, like barely above 1 and the other two were orchestrated from the same company who did the first test so I’m guessing that they must be using the same tests even at different locations which doesn’t solve anything in this aspect.

J
    Participant

@awkwardbutsweetsha Sorry for the late reply! What was your scores if you remember? My first score was 1.41 in Feb and my second one was 1.60 the end of March which you can see isn’t much of a difference for all the weeks that’s gone by. https://depts.washington.edu/herpes/pages/location here’s there contact information call them and they will ship you out a test.

J
    Participant

@jennifer_62507 So she did a culture swab and what did it come back positive? I would go back and do a blood test so you know your index value then from there if it falls in the 1.1-3.5 it’s a high chance of a false positive.

jennifer_62507
    Participant

@j she only did a culture swap and it just said positive for hsv 2. That was it. I unfortunately can’t go back until my state goes into phase 3. I don’t have insurance. I bartend and when I went I have Medicaid that is suppose to cover your yearly, birth control and one std screaming a year. And I thought that culture swap was covered until the lab sent me a $100 bill. And I’ve been out of work since the end of the March.

J
    Participant

Hey ladies. Good news don’t give up, I went to my new doctor and told her about my blood test from Quest. Which was 1.41 in February, 1.60 in March (last encounter- Oct 29.2019) well over 12-16 weeks for my numbers to still be low CDC guidelines (1.1-3.5 over 50% likely to be false positive) she told me to do a blood test last week and my new numbers was 1.92 but unlike Quest Diagnostics, Labcorp will do a confirmatory test called “Hsv 2 Supplemental Test” when your numbers fall between 1.1-5.00 so it says that I’m Negative for Hsv2. Dont give up y’all if you can’t afford the Western Blot give Labcorp a shot. But best believe I went to that clinic and cussed that stupid nurse out that delivered the news & filed a complaint on the doctor who wouldn’t listen to me when I told her I believe it’s a false positive

ericmiles
    Participant

Seems interesting for me.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.