Domestic violence and herpes

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Domestic violence and herpes

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  KitC 4 days, 16 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

KitC
    Participant

I have been diagnosed with HSV 2 now for over a year . At the time of my diagnosis my then partner also experienced a break out. I got tested for all stds regularly for years prior to my first breakout but unfortunately I did not realize hsv was not being tested for. My partner also was never tested before but because his ex texted negative, he blamed me for giving him herpes. For one year, I have endured emotional, physical and sexual abuse by him. I was made to believe that I owed my partner sex because I had infected him. and sometimes forced to have sex with him because I gave him herpes and he could not have sex with another girl. As I deal with the trauma of the abuse I have experienced, I feel so lonely, dirty, and ashamed. No provider or website really ever talks about your risk of domestic abuse following diagnoses. Has this happened to anyone else? How can I muster the strength to walk away from abuse completely ? How does one deal with the depression that often follows diagnosis ? I already struggled with anxiety and depression before , but diagnosis has made it infinitely worse.

Lisa
    Participant

I’d start w searching my inner wisdom re what I need and want re the relationship. It sounds like the relationship feels abusive and then the question is do I want to be in a relationship that feels abusive.

Dr. Kelly
    Keymaster

I am so sorry to hear about the abuse you have endured! Sexual abuse of any kind is NEVER okay! I would start by seeing if there are any domestic violence support centers for women in your area. All metropolitan areas have such resources and even small towns should have something for you. Depending on where you are, there are also local herpes support groups throughout the country. We at Pink Tent are a stand for women like you getting your life back. You can absolutely heal your heart and heal the trauma. It all starts with you taking a stand for yourself. If you want to explore coaching with me, I would be honored. We’ve got your back!
    Live. Love. Thrive.
    Dr. Kelly

KitC
    Participant

Thank you for the support Dr. Kelly and Lisa . I have signed up for a DV support group and will resume one on one counseling for my depression. I know I have a lot of self work to do before I can be healthy enough to date

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.