Diagnosed Yesterday – Need Advice

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Diagnosed Yesterday – Need Advice

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Violetta
    Participant

Hi everyone, this is a bit scary to me. Yesterday I was diagnosed with HSV2. I had already come to accept that it was true before my diagnoses. Since I was about 18 I’ve feared contracting herpes. I even discussed my fears About it to friends. My diagnoses feels as though the universe is working against me. I’ve always felt my life is unfair honestly and this I cannot seem to push past. I contracted HSV2 from someone who knew they had it but did not disclose that they had it to me. I received word that they knew from their ex girlfriend less than a week ago. The person who gave it to me, knowingly, was supposed to be someone I considered a best friend. I feel so betrayed. I feel guilty, shameful, and quite honestly disgusted. I have never cried so much in my life. I don’t know how to accept I have this virus.. any advice?

Susan B
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Violetta
    Participant

Susan,

I don’t know why but your reply was marked as private so I cannot see it.

BeLove
    Participant

I know this a difficult thing to digest but it does get easier. Please don not feel shame as there many many people who have this diagnosis. You are a beautiful soul who deserves love and kindness. Be kind and love yourself. The symptoms can be managed and after the first outbreak which is very hard and difficult, it does get less severe. (HUGS) I wish you well!

Layla
    Participant

I feel the same way. I feel like I got dealt a bad life and I just don’t understand why. I feel
    Like I got punished I feel like this is a nightmare. But this forum is helping me realize that there is hope and that it’s going to be ok. We just have to let ourselves go through the emotions and remember that we are still the same ppl just with a new skin condition. Nothing has changed about you you’re still amazing. Xoxo

marion
    Participant

Hi Violetta. What you’re feeling is totally normal.
    I’m so sorry this happened to you and to all off us. That’s not cool that he did that to you. You are not alone and the stigma around it doesn’t help the situation. I’m not on the daily antiviral but I have asked my doctor for a larger supply ( of valtrex 500mg?) so when I do start to feel anything I don’t have to go the pharmacy every time I already have it with me and I just start my medication right away. The idea of being social and dating is something I’m not ready for yet I don’t know if I’ll ever be but hopefully with talking to you and other people here we can share our stories and learn from each other. It’s not hopeless and there is help out there. Sending love .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.