Diagnosed yesterday

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Diagnosed yesterday

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mm23
    Participant

I’m 23, and I was diagnosed with herpes yesterday. I am so angry and sad, I feel crushed. I feel like I let myself down by making stupid and ridiculous decisions and now I have to deal with this DISEASE for the rest of my life. Who’s gonna wanna date me, let alone marry me or have kids with me knowing that I have herpes. I haven’t been able to tell my mom yet, but I know she’s going to be a wonderful support. I was able to tell a really good friend of mine and she’s being super supportive. She’s doing her best to reassure me that it’s not the worst thing that could happen to me, and I can live with it but I need to stop stressing it. I’ve just never been more disappointed in myself than I am right now. Actually the bigger piece of me actually hates myself right now. I just feel ugly, and dirty, and like undesirable trash. How and where do I even begin to accept this?

Tink33
    Participant

Hi,

Don’t be too hard on yourself about this. I found out this December that I had HSV-2, and like most, I was devastated. I thought the outbreak was from my current boyfriend as we had been together for several months and I tested negative for HSV-2 in November. Well, my BF went and got tested for everything and his tests all came back negative. So, I’m left not knowing how I got it. Anyway, I told him that I thought we should breakup since he is negative and my culture came back positive. He said absolutely not. He was having a hard time dealing with the idea that he possibly gave it to me. However, he said he loves me so much, and is willing to accept the possibility that I could give it to him. We are both in our 30’s. He’s a successful wonderful man so don’t ever think you need to settle for less because of this. Also, as far as children go, many women with HSV have children and are perfectly fine. You might have to have a c-section but that’s not a big deal either. I had one before I contracted HSV because my little one was huge when he was born. Anyway, if you know your mom will be supportive, I would definitely talk to her about it. I did and my mom has been an amazing support system for me.

Best Wishes!

Anonymous

I saw your post on in a herpes support group and I want to reachout and extend a helping hand. This place called the underground cure helped my friend totally eradicate HSV from his body completely…no lie…I witnessed this with my own eyes. If you wan to check them out here’s there site: http://www.theundergroundcure.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.