diagnosed myself w genital herpes- SCared

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum diagnosed myself w genital herpes- SCared

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Penny 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ripgirl01
    Participant

Hey everyone, I’m 22 years old and I recently found that I have genital herpes symptoms. I have been dating my current boyfriend for about several months now and I had him checked for STD’s before we did anything sexual. 6 days ago we were grinding, no intercourse, and a few days later I had the symptoms. I know for sure he gave it to me and it hurts to think that the guy I care about gave me an incurable illness. He denies having it and I haven’t told him. I’m scared. I’ve only slept with one person my whole life as I’m so scared of getting STD’s and now I’ve got this to worry about. I’m in complete shock! I haven’t told anyone about this, and I don’t want to because I know I will be looked down on. I just had my first outbreak and I’ve heard it’s supposed to be the worst so here’s hoping it gets better here on out. I’m scared about having to deal with these symptoms for the rest of my life, and I’m so young as it is. I’m just praying that it gets better, I don’t know what to do. Has anyone on here tried antiviral drugs? Do they help at all? Also, can anyone please tell me how to deal with the symptoms? Thanks!

yammy
    Participant

I feel the same way and I was diagnosed with this 2012 please be strong hugs 😢xo

Jess
    Participant

Hello! I know how scared you must feel and I promise it gets better. When I found out I was very fortunate to have a doctor who was very laid back and assured me that almost everyone has some form of herpes. She used having acne on your face as an example, except we have it “down south.” I was prescribed valacyclovir and it really helps me when I have an outbreak. I have been diagnosed for almost 5 years with heroes and I truly don’t even think about it anymore. My thoughts are with you! I hope this helps💛

Penny
    Participant

I’m 21 and been diagnosed recently. I’m moving to a new state pretty soon and I’m just afraid of how life is going to be with this

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.