Depression due to Herpes

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Depression due to Herpes

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    aliceoharawild
    Participant

I was diagnosed 10 months ago and everything just came crashing down. The guy I was with doesn’t talk to me anymore so I haven’t had anyone to share my sufferings with. I want to be able to meet new people, but I don’t know how they would react to it. Do you get to know them before telling them? or is it something you would bring up on the first date. I would never get physical without letting them know. But I am so scared of rejection or being treated like I am unworthy. Will my life ever be normal again?

Kee
    Participant

Hi Alice

Hope you are doing well. Don’t let this get you down. I know it can suck sometimes but definitely gets easier to cope with.

Honestly I probably wouldn’t disclose on the first date. It’s a very good idea to get to know the person well and when the time is right, have a conversation. Personally I wouldn’t tell anyone unless I have a feeling that we will take it to an intimacy level and it gives them time to know you for you.

Granted I haven’t disclosed in years due to being married but those disclosures were well received. I’m in the situation and have to go through the disclosure phase again so I know how you feel. I have a couple not male friends that I’m getting to know but I’m not to the point where I’m ready to share with them. I’m still trying to get a feel for them but not putting too much of myself out there to seem like I’m leading them on.

Hang in there. Yes your life will be normal and don’t let the fear hold you back. Most importantly do not let anyone make you feel less then. I’m sure you are a wonderful person. There are also dating sites out there with positive people. If you’re comfortable with online dating maybe you can check them out. I quickly learned it’s not for me at the moment.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by Kee.
    Kee
    Participant

*couple of male friends

anh31528
    Participant

I agree with Kee. I would not disclose until knowing the person awhile. Also giving them a chance to get to know you. That way they can see how wonderful you are and hopefully not just see you as someone with hsv. I also think the online dating sounds like a good idea. Even if nothing comes from those dates at least it will help build up your confidence. Keep your head up girl. You got this

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.