Dealing with new diagnosis and breakup

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Dealing with new diagnosis and breakup

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    roseregalafo
    Participant

Hi everyone my name is Lauren and recently diagnosed with HSV 1 & 2. I acquired this through my now ex bf. We were only together for about 4 months. In February he had his very first outbreak after a visit to the Er- he was diagnosed with herpes. I went to my obgyn to get blood work. Blood work came back last week positive, she was able to tell me it was a recent infection. I told my ex but he was in total denial. He was sure he did not las this on.
    We played the blame game from time to time, we have been arguing a lot lately. I have not been coping with this diagnosis is a health way, a lot of crying, feeling unworthy of love. It doesn’t help that my ex and I broke up during this diagnosis. He says he needed time because of school and had nothing to do with the diagnosis. It’s super hard to believe that. I am heartbroken and feeling like I will never have a normal life again. I have a four year old Daughter and want more kids that sounds damn near impossible at the moment.

I recently noticed a few bumps on my anal area, it burns. Would that be signs of an I initial outbreak?

centennialgirl
    Participant

I am so sorry you are going through this. Super hard when he is not taking responsibility. The good thing is I have read that people who have tested positive have gone on to have healthy children. You are worthy and I know a great guy will come along and understand what position you were put in. I will keep you in my prayers and send positive thoughts. You will make it through this.

roseregalafo
    Participant

Thank you for your kind words. It’s been the worst two weeks of my life. I wish he did take some responsibility. I do not hate him nor blame him because he did not know he had it. Your words gave me hope for my future.

Thanks again!

sarahheart317
    Participant

I am going through the same thing. I’m so upset because now I can see who my bf really is. I’m pretty sure he lacks the ability to empathize. I’ve always sensed it but I can really feel this now. He gave me this disease, I believe unknowingly; but he’s been so unsupportive. Now I have this and just want to shut down.

roseregalafo
    Participant

Hey Sarah,

Trust me I am right there with you! It sucks when they do not share the same concerns and act as if this did not change anything. It feels like he took my love life away, but it does not have to be like this. You are an amazing person and you will meet someone who deserves you! Don’t shut down. Try to distract yourself, put out good energy and you will see a big difference. If you ever want to chat email me! Roseregalafo@yahoo.com

GrayT1144
    Participant

I’m not sure if I am suppose to make my own topic or share in a topic similar to my situation. I was diagnosed HIV 2, 2 years ago shortly after I started dating someone. So of course I told him and he was understanding. At the begining it did not bother him. But as time passed I realized he had anger issues and he kept accusing me of passing it on but refuse to get tested and said things like I dont care if I get it because I love you. Long story short, we recently broke up and now hes saying he tested positive. He is so mad at me and blaming me. He’s blocked me from Facebook and told me to never talk to him again. 2 years… he’s acting like a different person.
    I just need support right now to understand why this reaction. And how to move on.
    Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.