Dating life

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Dating life

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  swestmather 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Ashley
    Participant

I was diagnosed a year ago and have not dated/been intimate with anyone since. What are tips on how to get back into the groove of dating? How have others responded? I’m very anxious about it.

Jess
    Participant

Hi Ashley! When I first found out that I had Herpes I was very nervous to date. I started by just going out on dates and I would even kiss the guy. I really made sure I got to know the person before telling them about my STD. I remember I told 5 guys in the first 2 years and they all responded very nicely. No one ran and out of the 5 I was intimate with 1. The other 4 would’ve been intimate, but I wasn’t sure of my feelings for them and didn’t want to potentially expose them to anything. Before you tell someone you will feel a knot in your stomach and it will feel so uncomfortable, but once you tell them it’s a huge wait lifted from your shoulders. If they do run after telling them, they are not worth it anyway. I always liked to tell my story and my truth. This disease does not make us dirty and it does not define us. I have been with my boyfriend for over a year now and he’s so supportive and never judged me when I told him. Just make sure you trust the guy, whether he stays or goes and remember you don’t owe him that part of you until you are ready to tell him. Take your time! You are so worth it!💛

swestmather
    Participant

Thank you so much for your response. That is my biggest fear. Probably is for all of us. That we will be rejected. Great to hear your experiences. Wait until feel that trust. Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.