Dating and HSV1

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Dating and HSV1

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    am09souc
    Participant

My boyfriend of 1.5 years recently broke up with me. One of the big things I’m dealing with with this break up is the fact that I have an STD. Thankfully I met him shortly after my genital HSV1 diagnosis. He was super supportive and kind. We had plenty of unprotected sex and I’m on daily suppressive therapy. He never got sick.

But now I’m forced back into the dating scene, and I’m terrified about having to tell people and getting rejected. Dating is hard enough. But now I have to disclose my stupid diagnosis. I know that HSV doesn’t define me. I’m smart, pretty, fun, adventurous, kind, … but it makes things so much harder and it scares me. I’m terrible with self-love and self-confidence. So if I get rejected, … it scares me.

Thoughts? Advice? Everything is appreciated.

Mia
    Participant

Hello!
    I am going through a similar struggle. I was diagnosed with HSV1 several months ago and I am so scared to date again. Let me know if you want to chat!

johny
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Larry
    Participant

It’s NOT as crazy as it sounds!
    I discovered this purely by chance…
    But after seeing the amazing results…
    Especially now that they’ve been verified by scientists at three separate universities…
    And there are already over 49,000 documented cases of Herpes victims totally erasing their outbreaks.

96% Of Herpes Sufferers Never Got An Outbreak Again After Doing This

Maria89
    Participant
    saint sunday
    Participant
    nowibon489
    Participant

Hello There. I know exactly how you feel about getting Herpes and I’m so sorry to hear that.. Fortunately, a few weeks ago,someone helped me mentally to cope with having herpes and surprisingly.. it really changed my life! I’m so excited to share this with you and help you through this very difficult time. Here’s a link that I found that really helped with my problems with Herpes in the past, and I’m sure it’ll help you too! https://bit.ly/33gyjeK Best of luck to you in the future! <3

Hailey
    Participant

I’m going through the same thing. I have been actively dating for about a year now and i’ve waited to tell guys until after a few dates,
    i’ve told them day 1 of talking, i’ve told them on the first date, i’ve told them right before sex (don’t recommend that one). And honestly I don’t know what’s the best approach. I’m currently struggling as well. It can feel very defeating at times especially when it’s a dealbreaker to guys but i just confide in my friends for support to remind me that one day a guy will come along who will see past it and see me for me and want to be with me regardless.

Lgsupport
    Participant

hello, i know that i out of the topic but i want to help people with herpes Here’s a link that I found that really helped with my problems with Herpes in the past, i would love to motivate you today and make you understand that HSV is not the end of the world neither should it be the end of your life here’s a link that I found that really helped with my problems with Herpes in the past, and I’m sure it’ll help you too! https://bit.ly/2DrG2eW

aaj1245
    Participant

Hi, I know I’m late to the post, but I am in a very similar situation. Feel free to email me aaj1245@hotmail.com if you want to chat!

MJA
    Participant

I feel your struggle. I was diagnosed this past summer and haven’t dated since. That said I have recently reconnected with someone I dated about 4 years ago (pre-diagnosis with hsv2). We have only been emailing to date because he’s in another country right now but also because of COVID. The conversation has been flirty and hints of it becoming more. I don’t know if I should tell him via email or wait until we actually see each other in person and see if it will actually go anywhere. I don’t have any answers but just wanted you to know you aren’t alone and I wish there was a simple answer. I don’t want to waste his or my time and this is what I’m struggling with.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.