Daily antivirals or outbreak only

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Daily antivirals or outbreak only

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sarah123
    Participant

Hi new to this but can anyone tell me from experience is it better to be on a daily antiviral or only take it at times of outbreaks?
    I already have been taking lysine daily before this so it’s a part of my routine just need advice on what has worked best for others. I know everyone’s different just looking for advice.

Mimi
    Participant

I would recommend daily suppressive therapy if you have more than one or two outbreaks a year. For me personally, outbreaks trigger lots of anxiety, and taking the suppressive therapy has helped me get my life back significantly.

Sarah123
    Participant

How do I get daily suppressive therapy? Like what doctor prescribes that?

Jill
    Participant

What is daily suppressive therapy?

Shortie
    Participant

Hi, I’ve had hsv2 for over 20 years, and I take valacyclovir 500 mg daily to prevent outbreaks.

kaylaw2868
    Participant

suppressive therapy is just taking a low dose anti viral daily.
    your primary care doctor can prescribe it or i get mine from my gyn.

rong529
    Participant

I am back on daily suppressive therapy after 6 mos. of nonstop outbreaks Oct.-Feb. But during that time they didn’t work. The reason why is my Vit. D level was very low and it helps with immune system, healing etc. I take 4000IU D now along with doTerra essential oil OnGuard 1 cap daily which helps immune support. I also take Lysine, AZO otc for urinary pain if needed and probiotics for gut health. Good luck!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.