Coping with Being Newly Diagnosed

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Coping with Being Newly Diagnosed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    lyssmc12
    Participant

Hi ladies, I am 22 years old and found out about a month ago that the guy I was seeing for the last 5 years gave me herpes. Over the course of our unhealthy relationship he would never do oral sex with me but about a month ago he finally did and about a week later I got really sick and had discovered lesions on my vagina. I freaked out and got tested and my results came back positive for genital herpes. I told him and he then admitted that he has had oral herpes his entire life so he failed to mention that to me. We tried being together but he is extremely toxic and I finally ended things. I cannot describe the emotions I have been feeling. I want to be a wife and mom someday but I am scared no guy is going to want to be with me because of this. What words and advice can you all give a young girl like me? Thank you!

blue9423
    Participant

Hi lyssmc12,

I don’t have any advice for you because I believe I will be newly diagnosed. Because it’s the holiday week, I won’t get my results until a week from the day I went in to get checked.

Just like you, I’m in my 20’s (23 to be exact) and I feel so lost and betrayed by my own body and everything happening. AND THE PAIN. Its excruciating! But if I am HSV-2 positive, which I am sure I will be, this is my first outbreak. Lyssmc12, any advice/insight on your first outbreak and what you did for the pain?

Kay
    Participant

Hi ladies. I’m 23 and got diagnosed a month ago. Feeling the same way.

Lyssmc12 all I can say is good job for you for walking away when you know it was toxic and not right. I know for most that is the hardest thing to do. Did he have an active cold sore/outbreak when you had oral sex? Must be so hard after being with someone for that long. My best advice is just be honest moving forward. It’s been so hard for me wondering how I got it and who gave it to me and I can’t imagine ever putting anyone through these thoughts so I would just be honest with whoever you meet in the future and just practice safe precautions and the right person won’t mind. Sending So many hugs and best wishes. You deserve the best and I wish you luck moving forward.

Blue9423 for my first outbreak I took 2 epsom salt baths a day. It helped a lot and just try to rest as much as you can because I know the pain is so hard 🙁 I heard it gets better and the first outbreak is the worst.

blue9423
    Participant

Kay, how do you know when your outbreak is over?

Kay
    Participant

The pain started to go away and the bumps finally went away too. It took about 7 full days but everything felt back to normal!

blue9423
    Participant

Any tips on how to reduce the pain when peeing?

Kay
    Participant

That was the worst for me too, I would put warm water in the bath tub and try to pee in there to reduce the pain. I know it’s tedious because you’re not always going to be able to do that but that worked best for me!

blue9423
    Participant

Sorry, I just have so many questions! I got my period shortly after the OB started happening. Is it just me or does the blood irritate too? If yes, what do you do for that? Are there any kind of ointments available?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.