constant outbreaks and feeling desperate

Home Forums Pink Tent Herpes Support Forum constant outbreaks and feeling desperate

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  frustrated 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

frustrated

Hi,

I contracted herpes type 2 four years ago from a sexual assault. the first year or so was okay, but the last couple years I have had near continuous outbreaks. these outbreaks are always painful and often come with fever and fatigue. for the last three months for example, I have had maybe only five days symptom free.

I live a rather healthy life – no alcohol or drugs, i am vegetarian but eat a well-rounded diet, eat little sugary foods and make an effort to avoid typical ‘trigger foods’. I am currently taking lysine, b-complex, zinc & probiotic. I exercise when I can (when the outbreaks aren’t too painful). I very rarely get sick (haven’t had a cold or flu for a couple years) which would suggest that my immune system is pretty strong in general. I also do not feel particularly stressed (i travel a lot for leisure and work for myself which allows for flexibility and ‘me’ time and I regularly see a therapist about the assault/herpes).

I have tried three different types of anti-virals (they had horrible side-effects and made little difference to outbreak) and I have also tried various alternative and natural medicines as well.

In spite of all this and all the changes and effort I have made HERPES JUST WONT LEAVE ME ALONE!!!

Any suggestions would be welcome as I am getting incredibly desperate and frustrated!!!

Thank you 🙂

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.