Confused diagnosis

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum Confused diagnosis

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dr. Kelly 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Sara
    Participant

I went to my old gyno about 2 months ago and she stated i had herpes. I left with no counseling and super confused. Fast forward to last week i found a new gyno and she prepared me and gave me information about the blood test and that she’d test for multiple things. I felt so optimistic at the time. Fast forward to earlier today i went in the obgyn for something unrelated and on my std slip it said i was hsv2 positive. I instantly started to panic and called the office back ASAP. They told me to come in for an appointment in 2 days but i don’t know if i can wait. I feel sick i can’t eat and all i have been doing is crying. I’ve search endless things on google and YouTube and I’m just so confused. I never thought about wanting to die but I do so bad right now. Im trying to stay strong but it feels nearly impossible. It also hurts that there’s so many people on here that feel the same way so i feel hopeless that I’ll never be happy again.

Dr. Kelly
    Keymaster

Sara,

I know how scary this diagnosis can be.

If you are feeling suicidal, you need to get support right away. There are people who can help you through this right now.
    National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
    Call 1-800-273-8255
    Available 24 hours everyday

You can also text a crisis counselor at Text CONNECT to 741741

I was diagnosed in my early 20’s and I remember thinking that things would never get better for me and that no one would love me.

I was totally wrong!!!! I have lived now for over 22 years with herpes. I have found love more than once and am now married to my soulmate. I also gave birth with herpes and have a totally healthy little girl.

You can still have all that you desire. Let’s get you the support you need!

Live. Love. Thrive.
    Dr. Kelly

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.