31, Newly diagnosed, worried

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum 31, Newly diagnosed, worried

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    B
    Participant

I was diagnosed yesterday with HSV II. I’m lost, confused, ashamed, angry… lots of different emotions. My doctor was describing to me what to look for when I have an outbreak, because I don’t believe I’ve had one, and she keeps saying “you’ll know when you do.” I hate that phrase and I’m obsessing over my recent news. I’ve been itchy before, but I don’t think it was because of an outbreak. I don’t recall ever having sores. I just need someone who I can chat with I guess.

Kristy
    Participant

Hi B,
    How are you coping?

B
    Participant

Eh. Ok I suppose. Going back and forth between trying to keep my head in the sand and facing the issue. Still concerned, confused. Alone.

Kristy
    Participant

I was diagnosed yesterday, and completely understand. Have you been able to open up to anyone close to you?

burntdownmushell
    Participant

I keep thinking back on this time about 6 years ago that I complained to my new GYN that every time I got my period I would get really itchy and irritated. He shut me down immediately saying it was just dryness. I was not satisfied with the answer but he was very dismissive so I let it go. I think about that day like “could I have known about this 6 years earlier if I had pushed a little harder?” Because itchy and irritated after my period is now my first symptom before an outbreak.

The news is really very shocking. I’m going through the same feelings as you. Everyone is quick to say how common it is but that doesn’t really help that much does it? I’m thinking I may need a therapist to help me work through this. Have you considered talking to someone like that?

Ro
    Participant

Would anyone like to email? I could use someone to talk to?

B
    Participant

I’ve been able to talk to my best friends but they don’t have it. I don’t know anyone who does who i can personally talk to

B
    Participant

I’ve considered it. I’m still wrapping my brain around it

B
    Participant

Sure. I could chat thru email

Ro
    Participant

You can email me at srj9971@gmail.com

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.