3 days since I’ve been diagnosed

Home Forums Pink Tent Support Forum 3 days since I’ve been diagnosed

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Layla
    Participant

Hi, I just got my results a couple days ago. I’m positive for HSV 2 and I have never felt so devastated I’ve been going through all of the stages of grief and I’m so confused. I think I got it from a man who took the condom off without my consent. I’m so angry and hurt. I don’t understand completely how it works. I feel so alone. I don’t understand how to date some places say you can just use condoms others say u can transmit through shedding still. I’m distraught about my sex life being over because I’m single and I’m only 24. I don’t want to wait until marriage/the one to have sex again. If I even find anyone. I’m really sad, distraught, scared, and confused. Can anyone let me
    Know how they still have a sex life as a single person? If it’s possible? How to cope when you first find out? Any reassurance, positivity similar stories please let me know it’s going to be okay. Right now it doesn’t feel like it at all. 💔

marion
    Participant

Hi Layla !
    I’m sorry you’re going through this. I was diagnosed fall of 2018. It was super hard to come to terms with. I still don’t really understand it all but this site and these forums have made me feel a little better especially knowing there are women out there going through the same thing as me. Just know you’re not alone it may take a while for you to know your body and how it’s going to effect you everyone’s different but what we all have in common are the emotional feelings and we can always come here and talk about it. I’m still figuring it out myself but it will get better <3

Pixie
    Participant

Trying to write you a reply but I keep never posting my reply

Pixie
    Participant

I recommend following Bek Antonucci, Carrie Pullaro and Yoni nutritionist and Shanasingleton on Instagram. Their words of encouragement regarding herpes sufferers have felt really inspiring to me and brought a bit of comfort in this bleak time 💪

Pixie
    Participant

Also there is an awesome Ted Talks by Ella Dawson you can search on YouTube. She does such an awesome talk on her life with herpes and how she dealt with it. It actually did make me feel more confident about disclosing to people. I’m really struggling with that right now. It feels like such a huge decision deciding who to confide in. Maybe these women I’m mentioned might inspire some other women here. Xx. We don’t deserve to feel lonely

fefedog
    Participant

I just found out a few days ago myself .it does feel like you are now damaged and I ask myself how could this happen . It blows me away how it’s no big deal attitude with this like the gym . I know I’m still
    In shock the stigma ,I was never the one to date very much and only had been with 3 people in my 53 years of life . I was married for 27 years to an alcoholic and persevered . Only to just be
    Divorced think maybe I could have a normal like and see what other people have had to finally have happiness and now this , I only dated 1 apparently the wrong person .a friend , saw how dating was and. Got out of the new world dating people . And now this I only learned about this by accident figures at my annual I would get the normal stuff and the whole std testing just to see where my health stood . I have never in my life had any symptoms and have not yet . But information is power. I know they say and it’s true the emotions are worse than the diagnosis and it could be worse .but I guess I’m in the stages of grief . Did just last night tell him . He was blown away . So I hope if he’s whoring around he has a Conscience. I know they say you can not tell who gave it to you . But I’d hedge my bets . I’m guessing I’m being punished idk

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.