Shocked and scared

Home Forums Newly Diagnosed Shocked and scared

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jaclyn 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Key
    Participant

I just found out from my gyn that I tested positive for HSV-2. I sat there in awe for almost an hour in disbelief. I’m not really sure how I should be reacting or feeling right now. I feel like no one in my family or friends for that matter would look at me the same if I tell them. I’m scared that when people find out they will treat me differently and or look down on me. I’m also wondering how exactly or who for that matter gave me the virus. Am supposed to call everyone I’ve been intimate with in the past and let them Know or should I only tell the person I’ve been intimate with in the past few months? How am I even supposed to tell my partner this information without him thinking in sleeping around with everyone? I’m so confused and really just need some unbiased advice. Please help

• Author
    Replies

Jaclyn
    Participant

Hi Key,
    I want to start off by saying I know exactly what you are currently going through, and YOU ARE NOT ALONE. I myself thought all those things and had the same questions. Personally I just told my boyfriend at the time, and recommended he get checked as well just to be safe. People are uneducated on the subject, but you can explain to him that the virus could have been dormant in your body for a very long time. You cannot control what people will think, but if someone judges you for it they shouldn’t be apart of your life anyways. I think of people who judge as irrelevant to my happiness. Those are the questions we may never be able to get answers to, so try not to think about what you cannot control. I only told my parents, grandma and my best friends who were all very supportive and understanding. My best friend and dad actually get cold sores, unfortunately we just get them down below.

stand tall, stay sweet and smile because you will thrive <3
    -Jaclyn

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.