Scared, confused, angry and depressed

Home Forums Introduce Yourself Scared, confused, angry and depressed

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ShowMeMySilverLining 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

k.kwheeler
    Participant

I am new here. I was diagnosed in February. I was dating a very understanding man at the time. We have since broke up. During that time I was in denial. However now that I’m being faced with the desire to continue to date. I am just now facing this as a reality. I’m devastated!!!!!! Apparently I have had herpes for many years but I didn’t ha e outbreaks. I was faithful with one man for thirty years. Unfortunately he was not faithful and passed herpes to me. I am so angry with him!!! My ex was abusive and the one hope I held on to was that someday I would escape and find a man to really love me. I feel cheated!!! Like the life i longed for has been ripped away from me. I can’t see how I can have a normal sex life when I’m so fearful of passing this to anyone. There is another man I am attracted to. I had the talk with him. Of course he only wants to be friends now. He is very physically attracted to me but is fearful of contracting the virus. I can’t say as I blame him at all! I feel so lost and empty. ☹

• Author
    Replies

Please don’t be sad. Be strong. If the man you were dating couldn’t deal with this, he doesn’t care enough. If your new man can’t take the time to do a bit of research about the probability of catching herpes from you, now that you know about it, then he doesn’t deserve you. He’s more likely to catch it from someone who has it and doesn’t know! Anyway, has he been tested himself? He may be one of the 85% of people who have herpes and don’t even know…. Be strong, be beautiful, be everything you can possibly be. Hold your head up, let the past go and make the most of this one chance of life that we get. And most importantly, remember that you have done nothing wrong, and that you are not alone in this. Xx

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.