Just joined and really need support!

Home Forums Introduce Yourself Just joined and really need support!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lefty 2 days, 8 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hopeful Lady
    Participant

Hello, I’m very glad to have found this site!
    I’m beside myself and don’t know what to do. I feel like it’s one break out after another… It just doesn’t go away! I tried stress reduction, eating the right foods , The antiviral medication did not seem to help…… however I do know that most likely my immune system is pretty down due to a lot of stress in my life and anxiety.
    I’m wondering if there’s anything I’m not thinking of??
    Has anyone been able to control the frequent outbreaks? This is keeping me from dating. I’m divorced and life can be pretty lonely.☹️

• Author
    Replies

Safua
    Participant

I just joined today. The site seems like a great idea, but there doesn’t seem to be much participation in the forums, which is a real disappointment.

I’m sorry to be unable to be of help regarding your questions. My own outbreaks are extremely minor and many years apart. I think that that depends largely on the immune system of each individual. Maybe you need to discuss with your doctor and change your antiviral med.

I understand about not wanting to date. I’m just now at the point where I thought I’d get back into it, 14 years after my divorce and after a huge weight loss. The reality of having to disclose the herpes has just recently hit me in the face, and I’m struggling with depression. My doctor was no help at all.

Lefty
    Participant

I joined last year, and also find there is not much participation on this forum. I am trying to find the courage to disclose to someone (who I have known for a very long time), but feel sick at the thought of it. For a long time I have dated guys who also have herpes. I haven’t had any outbreaks since the initial one years ago so physically, it doesn’t bother me. It’s more the emotional side of things. I wish I could just bite the bullet and tell him!!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.