Hsv-2 and bowel issues

Home Forums Symptoms Of Herpes Hsv-2 and bowel issues

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dr. Kelly 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

ks418
    Participant

Hi, I was diagnosed last August with HSV-2. The last couple of months I have had a sever issue with going number two. I can’t go regularly and when I do it is extremely painful, and I bleed everytime. Im aware that hsv-2 causes nerve damage in the colon but is there something else I should be doing?

• Author
    Replies

Dr. Kelly
    Keymaster

If eliminating is extremely painful and you are experiencing bleeding, then you definitely need to seek out medical help. It is true that sometimes the herpes virus can cause damage to the nerves in the GI tract. If you are bleeding, this could be caused by a number of things. Polyps, hard stools, tumors etc. Once you go to the doctor, then you can know what is causing your symptoms. One thing you can do though is to be certain to drink enough water. If you take your weight, divide it by 2, then that is the amount of water you should be drinking in ounces per day. Most Americans are not drinking nearly enough water and soda, coffee, energy drinks and sugar are just a few of the many things that lead to a dehydrated system. Fiber is also very important for proper bowel health. Many people have experienced relief with adding 2 T of ground flaxseed to glass of water and making a slurry to drink before bedtime. The first and foremost thing is to get your symptoms properly diagnosed. It is possible that these new symptoms coincide with your diagnosis of HSV 2 and yet it doesn’t indicate the cause of your constipation and bleeding. Please get this checked out and let us know what you discover.
    Live. Love. Thrive.
    Dr. Kelly

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.