Herpes and Insurance

Home Forums Herpes Treatment Herpes and Insurance

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mal 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Renee25
    Participant

I recently have been diagnosed with herpes and i don’t want anyone in my family to know. I am still on my moms insurance and was wondering if there is any way i can still get medicine for my herpes without her knowing or having to use any insurance.

• Author
    Replies

beachgal
    Participant

Hi Renee, I totally get that! Can you check with Walmart and ask what the cost is for acyclovir?
    It’s a generic.

Renee25
    Participant

Hi, beachgal, thanks for replying. I haven’t tried walmart yet but wouldn’t I need a doctor to prescribe it to me? I guess I just don’t know where to begin…or where to go to get the proper care I need without my family knowing.

Anonymous

I saw your post on in a herpes support group and I want to reachout and extend a helping hand. This place called the underground cure helped my friend totally eradicate HSV from his body completely…no lie…I witnessed this with my own eyes. If you wan to check them out here’s there site: http://www.theundergroundcure.com

Mal
    Participant

@renee25, I know you posted originally two years ago. If anyone else searches for this same topic, here’s a potential solution.
    Near me, there are several physician’s assistant clinics, in drug stores, grocery stores, and some regular after-hour but not critical care physicians. The cost is relatively low at the drugstore PA offices, about $40-$80 for a visit. Don’t file for insurance, pay cash. You can even go to one in another town if you’re worried about someone seeing you there. This shouldn’t alert your parents or their insurance at all.
    Explain your problem, that you’ve been diagnosed with herpes and need a prescription, but do not want it to go on your parent’s insurance. Acyclovir is about the cheapest anti-viral. Get a prescription and shop around – there are apps to help you find the cheapest drug prices for your prescription. Altogether, you should come out at somewhere in the neighborhood of $60-$120, depending on the clinic and pharmacy.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.